As 2011 rolled out, I was celebrating a quiet night with my immediate family here in Danville after what seemed to be a very long and hectic holiday week – well, I guess it was really 2 weeks! My father landed in the hospital the Monday before Christmas and while he had a very rough week, he is thankfully on the road to recovery now! We hosted my brother-in-law and nephew for a few fun-filled days after Christmas, visited with my in-laws, and generally the holidays were pleasant and joyful for the kids! I hope that yours were also fun!
So now we ring in the new year – 2012 – and we are all full of hope that THIS year will be wonderful!! I have made a few resolutions, a few changes in my life and generally have tried to plan things a little better for this year… so we’ll see how that goes! I have a few crafting resolutions that I have made to myself and hope that I can stay on course with them as well! Jan 1st – the girls and I worked for a long time on cleaning up my scrap space and all of my little embellishments – buttons sorted out by colors and the “funky” ones (as they liked to call them) were discarded. Snaps, eyelets, brads, seashells, all of those fun little things I like to add to cards and projects all got sorted and labeled and placed for this great crafting year! I hope that I can keep the momentum up and really get organized and get crafting this year! Today, I worked on layouts for 6 cards while the kids watched a movie and my hubby did some work. We are pretty much having a lazy day here at home, but I’ll take it after everything we have done in the past two weeks!
So now comes the fun of wrapping up 2011 and showing you what I thought to be the most fun of all my posts in the last year. ” The Fabulous Five” is what they are called in other blog posts, so I am joining in the fun! Here goes:
1. Pansies – see the original post here – I just love this card for many reasons – my love of all things pansies, purple and the design of this card.
2. A Stitch In Time – see the original post here – This was my first attempt at stitching with the sewing machine on a card and thought it should be included.
3. A Welcoming Quilt – see the original post here – Another first attempt at making mini quilts and I fell in love with the technique!
4. Birthday Wishes – see the original post here – A simple card, but I like how it came out – and I also liked that it really didn’t take too much time! I also used some new stamps that were begging to be inked!
5. The Results Are In – see the original post here – I had to include this post because it recognized my favorite little crafting buddies! My girls – Abbie and Meghan – worked by my side a lot this year and I posted them to a contest and they got honorable mentions that really meant a lot to them!
So, now that you have checked out my favorites, tell me what your favorite post was?!?
I sure have fun seeing all of the crafty-goodness that is out there on the many blogs I follow!! What talent by so many! Here’s where I am also posting my link to show others my crafty Fabulous Five! Check out Debby’s Fun!!
Here’s to a wonderful 2012 and much more crafting fun! Thakns for stopping by!